Friday, July 22, 2011

postheadericon Summer Day Camps to the Rescue

  What's a full-time mom (in her third trimester) to do, with her 6 year old and 3 year old boys, during Summer break?  She taps into an amazing resource called "Your Local Church"!

The benefits of children's programs, offered by neighborhood churches, is long. 

So, I'll give you....

Mom's Top Three Reasons
To Send Your Kids to Church Day Camps

1. Price

Most churches offer FREE or very affordable Summer programs.  This year Vacation Bible School & Church Sports Camp ran $10 per kid per week!  That's pretty amazing considering privately run Day Camps can be $100 or more per week!


2. Positive influences, strong values
& good clean FUN!

Who wouldn't want their kids learning about Team Work, Endurance, Sportsmanship, Compassion, Gratitude and Forgiveness, all while having a ton of FUN? These are things my boys would NOT be experiencing by sitting at home in front of the T.V. all Summer long!


3. A Guilt-Free Break for Mom (and/or Dad)

Vacation Bible School gave me THREE hours for FIVE days to prepare for our baby, go to my OB appointment alone, clean my house, shop and meet a friend for breakfast! Church Sports Camp gave me TWO hours for FIVE consecutive evenings to meet my girlfriends for frozen yogurt, prep the nursery and DATE my husband TWO nights in a row!

This is a HUGE relief for a full-time/homeschooling mom!  Don't get me wrong...I love, love, LOVE, my boys!  But, I'm sure a few of you can appreciate the luxury of leaving a urine sample at the OBGYN's without an audience (of young children corralled into a small restroom with you, while explaining to them, for the 5th time, what you are doing and why).

And I know there are a bunch of you who would JUMP at the opportunity to have a childless dinner with your spouse without having to pay a sitter or beg an extended family member for childcare. Now, imagine getting to do that up to 5 evenings in a row, if you choose!

It's comforting to know that your kids are safe and having fun, while you enjoy a few kid-free hours to do as you wish!



(Our Vacation Bible School Program for Summer 2011)

With school just weeks away, our time of Summer Day Camps has come to an end.  Both boys have really enjoyed learning, growing and gaining some healthy independence this Summer!  We are definitely looking forward to see what Summer FUN our church cooks up next year!

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am blessed to be able to be a full-time mom of boys. I don't consider myself an expert on much of anything, other than raising my sons. I'm confident in my parenting abilities, but am definitely learning as I go. Sometimes I feel like Super Mom. And other times I feel less-than-super. However, I am constantly working on improving myself as a wife, mother, homemaker, friend, and Christian woman.

WATCH THIS

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.