Monday, August 1, 2011

postheadericon Long Story Short: NOmance!


Being an All Boy house, we don't talk much about ROMANTIC love.  So, it was surprising to me, when #2 reacted to a quick trip to buy flowers for my stressed out gal pal.  My inquisitive little boy asked, "Mommy, why are you buying ROMANCE flowers for your friend?"  

Boy, did that open a can of worms!  I found myself explaining to my three year old that these were NOMANCE flowers...not ROMANCE flowers.  And that it is nice for people to buy their friends flowers to cheer them up, if they are upset or sick.  Or sometimes flowers make a nice Thank You or Thinking of You gift.

NOMANCE is now a coined phrase in our home and the subject of different kinds of LOVE is a HOT topic for our boys.  
 
Long Story Short:
  
They are now privy to the basic concepts of EROS, STORGE and AGAPE love...
 
Thanks to a quick trip to the store for a bouquet of flowers!
 
 

3 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

We are also an ALL boy household, and let me tell you they are kind and thoughtful, they are so sweet and always do kind things for friends, girlfriends, and their mom! Just yesterday my 18 year old brought me home an aqua G, because he thought I would like it... Love my guys!

Em said...

Love how it just all turns into a learning experience :) Good job mamma!

Mom said...

So SWEET Jen! That's how I want MY boys to be even when they are older! Right now I get dandelions picked for me & marriage proposals from my little boys! I LOVE it. But I also know some of that will change over time...as it should! But I want them to always remain thoughtful towards others!

Em. I think it's the homeschooler in me that just HAS to turn everything into a lesson!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am blessed to be able to be a full-time mom of boys. I don't consider myself an expert on much of anything, other than raising my sons. I'm confident in my parenting abilities, but am definitely learning as I go. Sometimes I feel like Super Mom. And other times I feel less-than-super. However, I am constantly working on improving myself as a wife, mother, homemaker, friend, and Christian woman.

WATCH THIS

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.